Men’s Skincare vs. Women’s Skincare
Skincare in men and women is different because of the differences in skin types. Here’s how our skin differs:
- Men’s skin is approximately 25% thicker than women’s. This is the reason why men’s skin looks tighter and firmer, compared to women’s skin.
- Men’s skin tends to break out more easily compared to women’s skin. Yes, you read that right! This is because of relatively larger pores and more active sebaceous glands.
- We all know that Collagen helps in delaying signs of aging. Men can count themselves lucky as they have comparatively higher densities of Collagen in their skin.
Although men have the benefit of higher collagen levels and thicker skin, they struggle with oily skin. That is why skincare for men in New Zealand encourages the balancing of moisture levels in skincare products.
Why Men’s Skincare is Important?
Women tend to care more about their skin, but men are increasingly getting to it too! Skin treatments for men in New Zealand are starting to become more and more common.
Men need to add cleansing, moisturizing, and using SPF to their daily skincare. Cleaning and moisturizing the skin helps in regulating levels of oil in the skin. Moisturization is necessary to protect the skin from getting dehydrated. This is important, especially after regular shaving when the skin feels rough and dry.
One of the most important steps in any skincare routine is the regular application of SPF protection from harmful UV rays to prevent aging and skin diseases. This is why you will find professional skincare in New Zealand focuses on applying sunscreen.
Easy Skincare Routine for Men
To make it easier for you, here are a few basic steps that you can follow:
- Cleansing helps eliminate all dirt and unnecessary products from the skin. So, use a mild cleanser every day to keep the skin oil-free and clean. Moisturizers regulate oil levels in the skin and help to keep it hydrated. Moisturizing after shaving is especially necessary as the skin needs extra hydration.
- Sunscreen is important in every skincare regime. A SPF of 20 or above is recommended by professionals in New Zealand to protect skin from aging and protect from damage from the sun.
Easy Skincare Tips for Men
Starting a skincare routine can be overwhelming. Some basic tips for better skincare include knowing your skin type. This will help in determining the type of products your skin can work with. Secondly, start using a cleanser and moisturizer instead of harsh soaps for the face. Pat dry the face instead of rubbing it with a towel. And lastly, minimize the use of harsh products on the skin.
Men’s skin is gifted with benefits and only requires a simple but regular skincare routine to maintain healthy and happy skin!